WELCOME TO LONGFORD PRIMARY SCHOOL
Welcome to the Longford Primary School Website. Our school has a population of almost 150 students and is located 7 kilometres from Sale.
Our school is renowned for its excellent history of parental involvement in its programs. This dedication has become a vital component in the ongoing education and welfare of students. Our school lives through its values of integrity, respect, responsibility and excellence. These values are embedded and displayed widely through our school.
Academically our school promotes and values the explicit teaching of literacy and numeracy. We do this through having a consistent teaching approach across all year levels. We aim to cater for each individual student’s learning needs by focussing on their academic progress in addition to their achievement. Students are supported to think critically and use effective learning habits to achieve success.
Longford has a proud history of co-curricular success with students participating in the local eisteddfods, art shows and a range of sporting events including swimming, cross country and athletics. This combined with our specialist areas of art, music and physical education lead to a very balanced curriculum.
We consider ourselves very fortunate working at a school where the entire community is focused on delivering great educational opportunities to its students. Enjoy browsing through our website and please contact us for further information.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A comprehensive curriculum covering the Victorian Curriculum.
- A program which focuses on individual students making progress.
- Excellent refurbished spacious classrooms.
- Well-equipped classrooms and small grade sizes.
- Dedicated teachers working in a team environment
- A calm learning environment for students to thrive.
See the Curriculum page for more details.
COMMITTED PARENT SUPPORT
We value parent involvement in;
- Supporting classroom programs
- Attending school events such as information nights, student expos, sports days
- School Council, Parents & Friends and fundraising committees
See the Community page for more about parent involvement.